There’s never been a more enticing time to visit North Carolina’s peaceful, undeniably gorgeous Hatteras Island, the Outer Banks’ crown jewel. Hatteras Island is home to Shore Details, the region’s top property management company. A common question that we field here at Shore Details is, “what can my family do after dark?” Thus, in hopes of enhancing an already-sublime coastal escape to the Outer Banks, we’ve compiled 10 family night ideas to try during your upcoming stay.
Plan a Memorable Family Night with the Kids
Family nights differ greatly, depending on your crew’s size, budget, and elemental likes (and dislikes). Everyone can agree on oceanside fun and relaxation. But what about when the sun dips behind Pamlico Sound’s still waters? Regardless of the season, all of our homes feature modern amenities, such as flatscreen televisions, DVD players, Wi-Fi, and even game rooms (including billiards and foosball). So, there’s plenty of fuel for excitement and cheer at all times. But don’t be afraid to get creative if (or when) the family grows tired of technology. Without further ado, here are 10 family night ideas worth attempting with help from the whole gang.
- Splash underneath the starry, moonlit sky in a heated pool at the End of the Rainbow, one of Shore Details’ most lavish ocean-view homes.
- Stargaze as you strut the beach, relax on your private deck, or soak in your community pool.
- Play “Chopped” in your vacation rental, masterfully equipped with a chef’s kitchen. Pair each parent with a child (or two). Designate one swing person as the judge. Make sure to crown the victor with a special surprise!
- Spend the evening at Frisco Mini Golf & Go Karts. This well-lit complex is typically open daily until 11 p.m. during peak seasons.
- HWY 12 Amusements is the Outer Banks’ most dazzling arcade, complete with a bowling alley, climbing wall, mini-golf course, laser tag room, and countless arcade games.
- Treat the kiddos to a late-night ice cream cone at Uncle Eddy’s Frozen Custard or Hatteras Sno-Balls.
- Try ghost crab “hunting.” The kids will love it! Ghost crabs often meander the beach after dark and are perfectly harmless. Remember to bring flashlights. Please don’t harm them—think of it as a game of flashlight tag rather than a scavenger “hunt.”
- Visit the Cape Hatteras Light Station after dark. Watching it illuminate the night’s sky is enthralling, to say the least.
- Get your popcorn ready because it’s time for a themed movie night! Bring along your favorite DVDs for a Disney, Marvel, or Christmas-themed film extravaganza with plenty of laughs, shrieks, and boxes of movie theater candy.
- Host a hot tub party at your vacation rental, such as Sea Smoke, Ocean Dream, or Oh Say Can You See. Toss some squishy toys, squirt guns, and a bath bomb into the mix, as well as refreshments for the whole gang.
The Master Cancel Plan | Book with Peace of Mind
Shore Details recently enacted the “Master Cancel” plan to put everyone’s mind at ease, including the property owner and the renter. We’re one of only seven companies on the East Coast to offer this program, which provides instant peace of mind, something that will be vital in 2021 and beyond. Throughout the year, families utilize Hatteras Island as an escape—one that instantly washes away stress and ushers in feelings of jubilation. Now is the time to explore the Outer Banks before more people realize that this region is one of the most alluring beach destinations on the East Coast.
To book a long-awaited escape to Hatteras Island, please call us directly at 252-357-7121 (or receive a quote online). Do you have a Hatteras Island property that you’re looking to promote? Please read more about the Shore Details difference.