We have always been extremely proud of our cleanliness and safety protocols. Cleanliness has always been a vital part of our day to day operations and to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are adding to our already enhanced cleaning standards.
Our Shore Details team will be taking extra precautions to properly disinfect our vacation rentals to make sure that our owners and our guests feel safe and comfortable when checking into their home.
What to expect when you arrive? Expect our homes will be clean, sanitized, safe and that we are adhering to CDC regulations. Here is our protocol for each department.
- Housekeepers wear masks and disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting items and surfaces. Gloves will be discarded after each cleaning and cleaners will wash hands immediately in warm soapy water for 20 seconds after gloves are removed.
- We use EPA-registered hospital grade disinfectants that provide CDC recommended antimicrobial chemicals – We provide all housekeepers with these chemicals.
- Housekeepers will be focusing additional attention on high-touch surfaces, including but not limited to: doorknobs, elevator buttons, keyless entry pad, TV remotes, light switches, stair handrails, cabinet drawer pulls, appliance handles such as fridge, microwave, & oven, laundry machines, washer/dryer knobs, and thermostats. All hard surfaces, kitchens, and bathrooms will be thoroughly sanitized
Housekeeper will use disposable cloths, sponges and mop heads for each home. Vacuum cleaners will remain in the house and will be emptied after each use.
- All windows and slider doors will be open while cleaning and left open to remove and disperse the droplets and reduce the amount of virus in the air – which will reduce the risk of infection for others.
- Beds will be made with freshly laundered sheets and pillowcases. Pillows, mattress pads, and comforters will be misted with sanitizing product.
- Supervisors will follow cleaners with a spray to ensure all surfaces have been correctly sanitized.
- We will have no more than two cleaners in a home and family members only.
- All bed linen, pillowcases, towels, and etc. are laundered at our facility in commercial washers and dryers at high temperature to help kill coronavirus. No personal dish towels and oven mitts will be left at the property. Dish towels will be provided by Shore Details.
- All Laundry staff wear masks and disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting items or surfaces. Gloves will be discarded after each handling of a load and the laundry attendant will wash hands immediately in warm soapy water for 20 seconds after gloves are removed.
- While transferring items from the bin to the washer, our team has been trained not to shake the laundry, which could disperse the virus through the air, according to the CDC.
- Sanitizer is also used between each folding task to keep all surfaces clean.
- After the dirty laundry in placed the washer, our staff disinfects the surfaces in the laundry area such as the knobs and the door pull on the washing machine and dryer.
- Laundry bins that hold dirty and clean laundry are kept separated and washed between uses with bleach or other EPA – registered disinfectants.
- Once linens are bagged by laundry staff, it is placed on the porch for pick up at a certain time and cleaners will pick up bags and all supplies one at a time.
- Housekeepers will return the laundry bag at the end of the day and it will be washed and ready for the next turn day.
Maintenance and Pool/Spa Protocol:
- All maintenance and pool/spa technicians are driving separately.
- If we have calls that need attention while guests are in the homes, we will schedule a time to take care of the task while they are out.
- Techs wear masks and disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting items and surfaces. Gloves will be discarded after each cleaning and cleaners will wash hands immediately in warm soapy water for 20 seconds after gloves are removed.
- Vehicles are sanitized daily
- Staff will always maintain 6 ft distance for everyone’s safety.
During these difficult days…we are here for you! We want our guests to know that we are doing everything we can to welcome them back to a safe and clean vacation home!
Keep watching our Facebook page and website for more information and regular updates from our county and our state regarding opening plans.
When you visit Hatteras Island, you’ll want to spend time on the beaches. With the Outer Banks just a short drive away, and staying at Shore Details on the coast, there’s no shortage of sand and water. If you’re wanting to do something unique on your vacation, look into horseback riding on Hatteras Island or the Outer Banks on the beach. Riding horseback can be delightful and invigorating, but it will surely be something you’ll remember forever.
Where to Go to Horseback Ride on Hatteras Island and the Outer Banks
If you’re interested in horseback riding on Hatteras Island or the Outer Banks, read below to find the best places to take you on this adventure.
On a guided horseback ride through Equine Adventures, you’ll travel on the beach to explore the habitat of the Carolina coast. Ride through the Maritime forest of Frisco, and see beautiful views of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The guides will go at any pace you’re comfortable with, from a leisurely stroll to a brisk canter. Morning and afternoon rides are available, and all riders must be 10 years or older. For more information or to book, visit the Equine Adventures website.
Lighthouse Horse Rides can accompany both small and large groups, so no matter the occasion they’ll always have your back. Lighthouse horse rides will take you on a guided tour to explore the beauty of the Outer Banks right on the beach! Rides typically last an hour, but if you’d like to ride for longer, they’re more than happy to continue. To make a reservation, call or text Lighthouse Horse Rides at 252-296-2929.
Hatteras Island Horseback Riding has a phenomenal family and group package – pay for two riders, and all others ride for free! For only $190, your group can enjoy a beautiful two-hour horseback ride on the beaches in Hatteras Island. You’ll love all of the picturesque views and the plenty of places that make a great photo-op. To make your group’s reservation, book online, or call 252-216-9191.
Shore Details: The Best Hatteras Island Vacation Rentals
At Shore Details, you’ll find the rental of your dreams. Wake up to beautiful views of the sandy beaches with your morning cup of coffee, and come back to relax after your horseback riding adventure. Each of our spacious rentals is perfect for your group, no matter how small or large. Come see what we are all about, and book your vacation rental cottage today.